Welcome to my blog. Enjoy a warm cup of tea and sit for a spell.

Blog Update

**Notice**
There will be extents where I may not post for a while, sometimes it's a posting slump, sometimes it's life. Eventually new content WILL be posted, I've not neglected my blog.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Ma'iingan




Feel free to visit MYSTICAL PAGAN for interesting content.

Monday, January 16, 2017

Grief Fades

This will probably the first and ONLY spell I post on this site, as it isn't my intention to post spells for other people to use, but I don't see much in the way of possible negative backlash from this.

I mentioned in a previous post a spell for fading grief. It's so simple, yet so meaningful.


Here sits the "memorial" for our beloved Brutus (we get his remains, possibly Wednesday, to which I will move this memorial to a larger space). It's my intention to move one bead each day until the one year anniversary of his passing. Tomorrow marks one week. only 51 more to go.

The frame holds a picture of our Brutus with a message that reads "You were our favorite hello...and our hardest goodbye". I found a battery operated candle (so I can leave it lit at all times without worrying it will cause a fire), and placed it in front of the image. I also found two really nice jars in which I filled one with 364 black beads and 1 white bead. Each day I transfer one black bead into the opposite jar and remember something about our Brutus. I actually find this fairly therapeutic. At random times during the day, I would think about my "Boo" (as I called him), and then I would burst into tears. Not good when I'm trying to accomplish something and a random memory pops into my head. At least once a day, in the morning when I get up, I can transfer my bead, think of my "Boo", then proceed with my day, knowing I've gotten any potential tears out of my system.

I'll always miss my dog. We've had him since he was born; a whole 10 years, 4 days.
_______________________________________________________________________
**UPDATE** - January 18, 2017


We brought him home today. He was cremated the day after he passed (Jan 11, 2017). The card made me tear a bit. It's been a week plus a day and I still miss him so much, but the days are getting easier to get through. 

3 comments:

  1. This is such a meaningful way to honor and accept his passing into the spirit world. He will never leave you, he will live forever in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry hon (((hugs))) and what a beautiful way to deal with grief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. This past week has been hard, probably the most on me because 1) I'm a very emotional person 2) he was probably the best friend I ever had and 3) it happened so quickly. I think this will help me let go in a more gradual and easier fashion.

    ReplyDelete