Welcome to my blog. Enjoy a warm cup of tea and sit for a spell.

Blog Update

**Notice**
There will be extents where I may not post for a while, sometimes it's a posting slump, sometimes it's life. Eventually new content WILL be posted, I've not neglected my blog.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Ma'iingan




Feel free to visit MYSTICAL PAGAN for interesting content.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Witch Wars Redux???

In my continuing investigations towards my own beliefs and how I can better practice, I see a continuing amount of "know-it-all-ness" stemming from those who are either "Elders" (I quote because with the amount of attitude, leads me to believe the title of elder was appointed by themselves, and not because of their study), or new people thinking they know everything.

Now, what irritates me is how everyone who follows these paths, and believes everyone should believe what they want in whatever form suits them, can so blatently regard another's beliefs as wrong. How hypocritical. I've been a member of at least TWO forums where I have seen this severe attitude towards someone of another belief. I TRULY believe someone should follow whatever path suits them...regardless of my view on it, for I believe that they should allow me to follow my path in the same way I allow them to follow their path. Anyways, (I digress) the blatant name calling and disrespect does not make me respect the name-caller's more. Quite the contrary. It makes me think less of them. I have encountered some who consider all Wiccans "fluffy-witch wanna-be's" as well as other witches consider someone's definition of witch to be wrong, as well as who they believe they follow (ie. God).

Who is anyone to say that because your definition of Witch is different, that they are wrong? What makes the accuser believe he/she is right? Study? Teachings? Who's to say that the accused hasn't studied as long and as hard, if not moreso than you? For a faith that is supposed to be more accepting of others, I sense too much animosity towards another.

There is only one group where I have experienced TRUE acceptance for another's belief, and I am an assistant manager of that group. Sure, when we had to move, we had a rocky time with that, in which our group was split due to a bit of animosity there, however that had little to do with another's belief and I digress again.

This group, is home to a number of people, with a number of different beliefs, and we all co-mingle peacefully, learning from each other without "flame-throwing". Why must we as a faith (and many coming from faiths that so regularly cast down those who don't believe in their religion) put down someone whose belief is slightly altered from another's? We all follow our paths the way we are meant to, either lead by some divine force, or some other reason.

Let's all just follow our path, and help those who we encounter to the best of our ability, and keep our attitudes to ourselves, and only address the question at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment