Welcome to my blog. Enjoy a warm cup of tea and sit for a spell.

Blog Update

**Notice**
There will be extents where I may not post for a while, sometimes it's a posting slump, sometimes it's life. Eventually new content WILL be posted, I've not neglected my blog.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Ma'iingan




Feel free to visit MYSTICAL PAGAN for interesting content.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Failed Project

I feel I'm a rather creative person. I enjoy making things and enjoy the feeling I get when I complete a project. Unfortunatly, not all projects are successful.

It pains me that my project didn't turn out. I had all intentions of making a Book of Shadows from scratch. I even had instructions. I had almost completed it, when a snowball effect began happening. One problem lead to another problem, to another problem, etc. Needless to say, it flopped from there.

I don't feel though that I am being punished for anything in particular...nor do I ask myself "Why" later...(although in the heat of the moment and a spur of anger at the snowball effect, I may ask things I don't need to know.) I take it as a moment to learn. Where did I go wrong? What part did I make a mistake? And how can I learn from this mistake that would allow me to not make it again? I would say that any moment when failure seems to creep up (or just plain jump out at you)...don't look at it as a flaw in yourself, look at it as an opporutinty to learn something. Something new. You may be thankful later that the irritating, frustrating moment happened, so you don't have to experience it later in life.

OH, and for those who are wondering if I ever got a BoS made, I did, although I didn't make the cover myself. I discovered that my failed attempt led me to the cover I've been looking for, for a long time.
Cover, although you cannot tell the color due to bad lighting, it's dark blue.



No comments:

Post a Comment