Welcome to my blog. Enjoy a warm cup of tea and sit for a spell.

Blog Update

**Notice**
There will be extents where I may not post for a while, sometimes it's a posting slump, sometimes it's life. Eventually new content WILL be posted, I've not neglected my blog.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Ma'iingan




Feel free to visit MYSTICAL PAGAN for interesting content.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The "It Must Be Witchcraft" Excuse

Oh my, I'm so tired of people blaming mundane ordinary coincidences on Witchcraft. I just answered someone's question about a strand of hair placed in a planter, and now her husband has cancer. They feel witchcraft is the culpret.

OH MY GOD!!! Break Out The Witchhunts!! Someone left a strand of hair in a plant!!!

Please. People lose up to 100 strands of hair a day (on average). 9 times out of 10 people don't notice (unless you're like me and lose a bit more and see it on the floor all over the house). Are these people so desparate to find a reason for sorta odd things that they resort to blaming Witches? Are we back to the puritan days where the girls flipped out because of some bad rye bread and blamed witches? I thought the Devil was the numero uno culpret for bad things happening. I guess the rise of Witchcraft is more promenent than I origially thought, because the devil has been pushed aside as the cause of all ills in the world and it's back to the Witches.

Honestly, I wish people would think logically for a few minutes before jumping to conclusions on things. In all honesty, I couldn't curse even if I wanted to. My subconscious will NOT allow me to do such a thing. I was thinking on this the other day that my mother's voice rings so loudly in my head "Never wish death or disease on someone, it could happen and you'll regret it". So true are these words that they never left me. Now I cannot curse, hex or even make someone get a scratch because of these wise words. My subconscious is to thank for that. Besides, witches generally don't have a reason to curse someone unless that person did some terrible, aweful, disgusting, mean, totally unnecessary, devistating thing to someone they love.

Let's all be like Spock and start being logical. A strand of hair is a strand of hair. It's not the most important ingredient in a spell!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I agree with you but there are still those odd coincidences, like for example tarot decks getting glued together when they are kept far away from glue or any other substance that might cause stickiness. . . . not saying its witchcraft, just thought it was something odd to think about

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instances like this also have logical explanations. It's not glue holding the cards together, but the lamination chemicals used to preserve the imagery on the card. If placed in a warm place (say in sunlight or a very warm room in the summer) the chemicals can become tacky and cause the cards to stick together.

    While there are odd incidences that are unexplained, and possibly the result of the craft, there are more logical explanations than not. The point of this post is to think logically first before automatically assuming Witchcraft and making false claims (therefore making yourself (a generic "yourself") look like a fool)

    ReplyDelete