Welcome to my blog. Enjoy a warm cup of tea and sit for a spell.

Blog Update

**Notice**
There will be extents where I may not post for a while, sometimes it's a posting slump, sometimes it's life. Eventually new content WILL be posted, I've not neglected my blog.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Ma'iingan




Feel free to visit MYSTICAL PAGAN for interesting content.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Egotistical "Witch" BS

Why is it that many Witches have such an heir of superiority towards those who may be Neo-Pagan?

I mean those who look down their noses towards Wiccans and other Pagans. Yeah, Wicca is only around half a century old...but forget that all practices and religions had to start somewhere. What makes them so much more high and mighty that they have to have such an attitude towards these newer Pagans? In a sense, no one practices the ancient practices of Witchcraft the way it was practiced centuries ago, so in a technical sense, all Witches, Wiccans and Pagans are all Neo. Even these so-called "traditional" Witches.

I am one who considers herself a practitioner of olden time Witchcraft, in which I follow no Wiccan redes or threefold laws; I cast spells that have a purpose, and cast whatever spell I want (though I take everything into consideration, and know what I am getting into, and will take the responsibility for what I do), yet I have no qualms with Wiccans or any other Pagans. If Wicca makes them happy, and they enjoy saying "Blessed Be" and "Merry Meet" to whomever they meet, more power to them. It makes them better members of society, as I see it, as they show respect.

But when you start putting down people for the simple phrases they may say, certain tenants of their beliefs, etc. it shows you have little respect for yourself, as well as little respect for others, and therefore earn little respect from me. It pisses me off when people get on their high horse, believing themselves to be better than others simply because they practice something different and slightly newer than what you do.

You know what? I do NOT accept your claim at being a "traditional" witch when you show a pompous attitude towards another Pagan's beliefs. Threaten all you want with your BS, it just confirms my suspicions about you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi.
    I was asking myself a similar question! I thought witches are so egotistical so I typed my thought into google (not many people seem to know that you can do that! They seem to think they can get all the answers they need by asking facebook and then seem oddly amazed when I come back at them with knowledge). But anyway, thought, google, enter, and I found you.
    From the little that I just read I like your style. I pay no attention to that 3 fold law either! It could only have been written by the hand of man so it can be just as well any made up rubbish to have people follow suit. I no longer cast circles, nor do I kneel before any god or spirit. I'm a spirit too and I'm sure I've been around for just as long as they have. I don't light candles and incense and dance around before phoning a mate up, so to me it's the same thing lol.
    But yeah, what you said about the 'witches'. I've noticed it too.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your response, though this post was made some time ago, and some of my ideas have changed (but only slightly, lol).

    I believe this post was made in response to a forum I was once a part of that felt they're better than others because they practice a certian particular style of Witchcraft, and any association with certain religions with that craft is unacceptable because those religions, in their eyes are "flakey" or "fluffy". Little do they understand that the religions they speak of are only surface portayed in the flake/fluff sort of way because it's popular. Religions are much deeper and more meaningful once someone takes the time to truly study it.

    I'm not specifically religious...I have no singular religion, but I do honor a Goddess. I don't like the word "worship" because, to me, it gives off a feeling of grovelling, and my Goddess would rather you treat her with respect, than grovel in fear. "Ain't nobody got time for that".

    Anyways, I appreciate your insights. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete