Welcome to my blog. Enjoy a warm cup of tea and sit for a spell.

Blog Update

**Notice**
There will be extents where I may not post for a while, sometimes it's a posting slump, sometimes it's life. Eventually new content WILL be posted, I've not neglected my blog.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Ma'iingan




Feel free to visit MYSTICAL PAGAN for interesting content.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cursing and Serving Justice

This may be a taboo subject, but personally I see nothing wrong with tossing out a curse at someone whom I believes deserves it. Sometimes I cannot wait for "karma" as some people believe, to do it's work...sometimes it's not quick enough, and some people need to learn a lesson (besides, I beleve people lately have the wrong idea of what Karma is and what it does...especially the naive newbies to Wicca who believe that Karma is the equivalent to going to hell if you do something wrong).

Case and point. My sister-in-law. She's young, naive, 19 and pregnant. ARGH!!

BUT, that's not what I curse. I won't punish her for a mistake she made (even though she seems to be emulating her oldest sister, yet seems to be in denial). She has the entire life of her daughter to think over what she should have done to prevent this, but I'll love my new little niece nevertheless.

No, the one I curse is the one who did it to her. And no, it's not because he knocked her up (come on, give me a little credit)...he's abusive! THAT is a total no-no in my books. There is absolutely, positively NO reason for a man to place an abusive finger on another, let alone his pregnant girlfriend.

I personally see no reason why I cannot exact justice for the life growing within my s-i-l, by tossing out a curse. In my own way, I call upon my beloved Goddess to exact this justice...seems fitting, as I see it, seeing as she's the Goddess of Justice. It down right pisses me off when a man hits a woman. It makes me down right ANGRY when a man hits a pregnant woman even more! And you don't want to make me angry...you don't want to make ANY Witch angry (especially one who has no problems with curses). But I would say that my own way of doing it would be a heck of a lot less harsh than other people. I petition to my Goddess my problem and allow her to exact the punishment accordingly. No muss, no fuss.

I believe curses shouldn't be thrown about like confetti, because they are effective. There are genreal guidelines I follow before determining if someone is fit for a curse, and that includes, murder, rape and abuse. Heineous crimes. Theft of petty things like ipods, trinkets, jewellery, etc are NOT on the list. These things can be replaced, but innocence and lives cannot.

Before one decides to put out a curse, one should think long and hard about if this is an effective means of punishment, AND if they could handle the outcome if something were to...go wrong with the curse. If something happened to the intended victim, would you be able to accept responsiblity? In my case, yes. I have no problems with what would happen to this individual, because as I see it, he deserves whatever he gets. He beat my sister-in-law, while pregnant, and could have cost the life of his daughter. Whatever he gets...WHATEVER! He deserves!

End rant/thought

No comments:

Post a Comment