Welcome to my blog. Enjoy a warm cup of tea and sit for a spell.

Blog Update

**Notice**
There will be extents where I may not post for a while, sometimes it's a posting slump, sometimes it's life. Eventually new content WILL be posted, I've not neglected my blog.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Ma'iingan




Feel free to visit MYSTICAL PAGAN for interesting content.

Friday, July 22, 2011

All Done: "Ouroboros" Book of Shadows

It's Done!!! My Book is Done!

Overall thickness of book: 4 inches!!!
(Click pictures for a closer look)

Front cover. Adorned with an Auryn (or Ouroboros).

Side view. Book filled with all my information (I'll have to re-make it...there are a number of flaws so it no longer meets my satisfaction)
Spine. I put in the ridges. I think it looks good :) I'm happy with it.

Back side of the book.

The Auryn. Symbolic of eternity. I printed out the image, traced and cut out the pattern in the vinyl, then painted it silver with black lining to show the intertwining of the snakes.

Flaws:

Superglue dried onto the front corner of my book as I was waiting for the inner cover pages to dry
The cut I accidentally made in the spine. (**UPDATE** I repaired it using a bicycle tire repair kit. A small sticky disk that adheres over a hole. It's not perfect, but will prevent this cut from getting any bigger).

I think I want to make a smaller one now. While I had fun making it, it was also a "cursed" task, as I call it. Too many times did I have to get more superglue, as shown above, a slit in the side, superglue on the front cover, too many interruptions...not sure if I want to consider this a success or not. The book is made, but I'm not really happy with some of it.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much. I hope soon to make a more sturdier one, and not as thick :)

    ReplyDelete