Welcome to my blog. Enjoy a warm cup of tea and sit for a spell.

Blog Update

**Notice**
There will be extents where I may not post for a while, sometimes it's a posting slump, sometimes it's life. Eventually new content WILL be posted, I've not neglected my blog.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Ma'iingan




Feel free to visit MYSTICAL PAGAN for interesting content.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Jump for Joy! -- Updated

YAY! I finally got my Vinyl. It's brown so it'll look like it's brown leather. I can't wait to get started on an actual"Charmed" style Book of Shadows (utilizing tutorials from jamiebookofshadows). I was thinking on making a flat spine as opposed to the curved one I did on the velvet Book (as suggested in the tutorials). I find the paper towel roll kinda flimsy to work with, and harder to determine book width. I also think that instead of making a Triquitra, that I'll put a pentacle on it instead. But this could change. I think I need to get some more cardboard though for the cover before I can begin my project. Other changes to my book can include a different color for the pentacle/triquitra, I'm not going to paint my book green (i think it'll look better brown, as it looks in the picture above), and my pages won't be stained. I think for this book, the information will be re-written as a hand-down book for my children should they decide to follow in my footsteps. I'm really hoping this will be my 1 step forwards the Book of my dreams.

___________________________________________________

**Update 1**
Ok, discovering I had cardboard for the cover, I have begun my book. Utilizing the tutorial from Jamie on YouTube, I have my paper glued to my spine. I'm just waiting for it to dry. However, thinking on it, I may regret doing a flat spine, but I'm going to continue anyways, just to see how it turns out. I'm really hoping it works. I'm even going to do the ridges on the spine. This time though I'm going to take my time. I generally rush through bookmaking because I want to see the outcome in one day. But, patience may make me appreciate my book more. I also really hope my pages fit lol. I made my cover a touch larger than the cover currently holding my information...BUT too big is better than too small IMO. I've also decided against the pentacle embellishment, but going for the Auryn. I've always loved this symbol and thought it would look great on my book. Let's hope it turns out well.

___________________________________________________
**Update 2**
This book I think was cursed at the beginning. It's taking forever to make this book. My velvet book took only one day and two different types of glue...this one's taken me 3 days and 2 types of glue...BUT I've had to go to the dollar store TWICE to buy more. That's not to mention the fact that I made a good mistake, that will be noticable...while trying to trim some of my card at the hinge of my book, I sliced through my vinyl...ARGH!!!. Oh well, it's just a small hole, and it's not like I'm going to sell it or anything.

Another tough task I undertook to make this...the auryn symbol was perhaps the hardest thing I ever had to do in making books. The holes between the snakes were small and hard to cut, especially with my precision knife (because of the fabric in behind)...not sure how I did it. I also forgot a major thing having to do with the auryn...making it look like there are two snakes. I had to draw out the lines to make it look like there are two snakes, using a pen. I'm going to paint it, hopefully I can make it look right. As for yet another issue proving this task being cursed...my cover has warped...AFTER it dried. Grrr. BUT...I'm not worried. It's a work in progress, and practice makes perfect, no?

Unforutnatly for all of you, I didn't take pics as I was progressing, like I wanted to, BUT, you can see how it's done with the tutorial link I put up above. I'll show everyone the end result, when it's finished...it's actually looking pretty impresive (aside from the small hole I accidentally made lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment