Welcome to my blog. Enjoy a warm cup of tea and sit for a spell.

Blog Update

**Notice**
There will be extents where I may not post for a while, sometimes it's a posting slump, sometimes it's life. Eventually new content WILL be posted, I've not neglected my blog.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Ma'iingan




Feel free to visit MYSTICAL PAGAN for interesting content.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Witches Who Don't "Witch"


To Craft or not to Craft...that IS the question.


I came across two videos on YouTube similarly titled "Witches who/that don't Witch", both by "TheLadygravedancer" and "Mandi See". Essentially they are discussing why Witches don't use their craft for every problem or struggle they have (Mandi's is more or less a rebuttal, though).

I can understand what TheLadygravedancer is saying in her video...that Witches have a craft and should use it at their disposal when they have a problem that needs to be solved. That's why they're Witches and that's why they have their craft "much like other religions will turn into their...prayer, meditation, whatever it is that they do, to make things happen for their-self." why Witches don't turn to their "craft" when need be.

On the other hand, I understand what Mandi See is saying, that "Witchcraft" or "TO Witch" is not just casting spells when they have a problem that needs solving...that "to Witch" is about "intention...and knowledge". I agree with Mandi here. I don't cast every time I have a problem (and I've had a number of problems in the 16+ years I've been a Witch).

1) It's VERY time consuming to cast, as one needs to gather their materials, plan out their spells, plan out how it will go, write out what they want to say (or at least I do), etc.

2) It's not always practical to do so. I don't always have the time much less the privacy to conduct a spell when I need to.

But going off what Mandi said in her video, What does the word "Witch" mean? "Witch" is said to mean "wise one", and one is only wiser when he or she obtains knowledge. Therefore Witch Craft is to "work knowledge".

When it comes to a problem I don't automatically turn to Witchcraft as a solution. I've always learned (and still believe) that to solve a problem, one should exhaust all other options before turning to the craft. Generally, that's what I do, hence why I don't craft a whole lot anymore. If I were to do it too often, I think it would lose it's luster to me.

Just like Christians, Jewish, Muslims, and others of a variety of other religions out there...they don't directly turn to prayers to solve their problems. First they look for a solution to the problem. If that solution doesn't work, THEN they usually turn to prayer...OR they use the two in concert, trying their solution WHILE praying for it to work.

I will admit though that TheLadygravedancer has a point, and I should perhaps think about trying my craft to solve problems more often, but I just don't think it should be a first resort to end a problem. Sometimes an issue needs nothing more than a simple, mundane solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment