Welcome to my blog. Enjoy a warm cup of tea and sit for a spell.

Blog Update

**Notice**
There will be extents where I may not post for a while, sometimes it's a posting slump, sometimes it's life. Eventually new content WILL be posted, I've not neglected my blog.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Ma'iingan




Feel free to visit MYSTICAL PAGAN for interesting content.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Bouncing Between 3 of the Same Projects

I found myself bouncing between three of the same projects...the same projects I'd been doing since I started this blog (oh, seems like forever ago).

They're all Books of Shadows. One is in an aqua-colored "planner" I bought for this reason (it's binder-bound so I can rearrange pages). I should probably mention that this one isn't exactly meant to be artistic, but more for function and practicality. I want an artistic book but also want the informational book as well. I probably should "finish" this before jumping to the next "same" project but this probably will never be finished.

The second is my "smash book" style book. I found it amongst some books on my mess of a desk. I love the look of it, I really do, but for some reason I can't get into the creative mode I want for it. My favorite pages has to be the "Numbers" page and and my "Runes" page (though I don't really like the background for the "Runes" page.


I can't seem to get the pages to look and feel the way I want them too. Perhaps it's because I don't have the right materials, OR I don't know how to use the materials I have right. I have distressing inks, but it seems every time the sponge hits the page, there's a huge splotch where the sponge hits the paper, no matter how lightly I touch the page. That and I want the "once wet, but now dried" paper look and feel. The only way I can see me getting it is to spritz the pages with water, then let them dry. That, and I don't know how I want to arrange my pages. It seems like everything is all over the place. 

What I want is all over the place. I want a small portable book, but I also want a large one (mostly for decoration and display). I wish I could just buy one that had everything I want in it (not what someone else wanted in it). It would be so much easier that way. Ya I know that the BoS is a lifetime creative process, but I'm getting tired of writing the same things out over and over and over and over and over and over...

I guess this is how I get to memorize all my rituals, but that's not what I had in mind when I started this project over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment