Welcome to my blog. Enjoy a warm cup of tea and sit for a spell.

Blog Update

**Notice**
There will be extents where I may not post for a while, sometimes it's a posting slump, sometimes it's life. Eventually new content WILL be posted, I've not neglected my blog.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Ma'iingan




Feel free to visit MYSTICAL PAGAN for interesting content.

Thursday, December 1, 2016

The Daily Witch


So...this is me. In my every day (and my apologies, I was eating when this was taken lol). There's a lot of ideas that Witches somehow are always wearing black flowing capes and dresses, huge pentacles, always hovering over their altars creating spells and whatnot, or sitting in the woods reading through their giant tomes, the prayers and other works of the word it consists, and that's all their days consist of.

If only I had the time (and the clothes lol). Alas, the amount of time I have to do anything Witchy related is more or less a couple of hours or so a day (if that, depending on what's going on that day). I'm a mom of three and the wife of a retired military soldier. Do people want to see what REALLY goes into the typical day of a Witch? Here we go:

Yesterday's schedule
6:45 - wake up to my 2 year old knocking on his door.
7:10 - make sure my other two children have all they need before they catch their bus to school
7:30 - make breakfast for my 2 year old and myself.
8:00 - my husband rises and shines for yet another day
8:00-9:30 - watch tv, while I wake up a bit more, get dressed for my day, make shopping list for the day, etc
9:30 - drop my husband off at his appointments
10:30 - 12:00 - go shopping for various household needs
12:30 - pick up husband from appointments, return home, have lunch
1:00 - put my 2 year old for a nap
1:00-3:30 - work on my BoS
3:30 - my older children return home from school (youngest wakes from nap)
4:00 - plan and make dinner
5:00 - Eat
5:30 - 8:00 - family time (this can consist of either watching our favorite programs on the television or playing the X-Box as a family, if my kids
                    don't have homework)
8:00 - bed time for the kids
9:00 - relax time for mom and dad
10:00 - prayers, reading of spiritually related texts (at the moment I'm reading "Paganism" by Joyce and River Higgenbotham)
11:00 - sleep


And that, boys and girls, is the typical day in the life of a REAL Witch. It's rather underwhelming, isn't it. And that's the problem with misguided perceptions about something that's incorrectly popularized through pop media. When we look at how things REALLY are, in real life, they're exactly that: underwhelming. You don't expect real firefighters go through love triangles and constant drama each day they go to work, so why would you expect that all Witches do is battle demons and cast spells every day?

On this typical day, I managed about 3 hours of "Witchyness". Some days I can get more hours if there's not much going on, but generally consists of BoS work and general research. Any workings I do take place on an as-need basis; I don't really plan out my workings and spellcraft, they happen on the fly. BoS work, research and reading make up the majority of my "Witchy Workings"...it's not all bubbling cauldrons and latin incantations.

No comments:

Post a Comment