Welcome to my blog. Enjoy a warm cup of tea and sit for a spell.

Blog Update

**Notice**
There will be extents where I may not post for a while, sometimes it's a posting slump, sometimes it's life. Eventually new content WILL be posted, I've not neglected my blog.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Ma'iingan




Feel free to visit MYSTICAL PAGAN for interesting content.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

"The Real Witch Project"

The Real Witch Project (pt. 1) - YouTube

I discovered this documentary a number of years ago and fell in love with it. It's a documentary made in about 2005 in the UK about 5 (I think) women from varied backgrounds who volunteer to learn Witchcraft for one lunar cycle (or 29.5 days). 

Personally I love it because it takes these women, who have NO experience or background in Witchcraft and teaches, not only them, but some of their partners as well, what Witchcraft really is. Naturally some are skeptical, and some see it as a fun game, but that's to be expected from people who don't know what Witchcraft is. 

I've seen a few comments about this documentary, claiming it's fluffy, it teaches naivety about the craft, etc. but they have to understand that this is ONE teacher, teaching Witchcraft the way SHE knows it. If this were a documentary created in the US...chances are it would be ripe with Wiccan influence. 

I see the warnings "Gallies" (or High Priestess of the Morgans) gives to the "budding Witches" not only directed to the women, but to those watching...that in the beginning, it's not a game, it's not a toy to play with, that real things can happen with this (whether someone wants to believe in it or not), etc. She's not telling the women not to do certain things, but telling them the possibilities about what CAN happen...as ANY Witch, whether they're Wiccan, Norse, Christian, traditional, whatever can experience. For example, one woman wants her cell phone back. She wants her ex to remember each time a phone rings. The HPs said what the woman wanted was essentially a "curse" (personally I don't see it as that, but in her rite, it might just be). There's nothing wrong with a warning about particular aspects of the craft. I tell people all the time that Love spells geared towards specific people are unethical in most systems...but people are free to do what they like anyway. I can warn them. That's what I do. Does me warning someone make me fluffy? No. I can say don't play with candles as you'll get burned. Does that make me fluffy? No. I speak from experience that candles DO HURT lol. 

But aside from what the nay-sayers say about this documentary, I love it. I think it's wonderful that these women took it seriously (aside from the skeptic), didn't see it as some stupid, Harry Potter deal, and experienced what can actually be accomplished when done right.

I recommend it to anyone lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment