Welcome to my blog. Enjoy a warm cup of tea and sit for a spell.

Blog Update

**Notice**
There will be extents where I may not post for a while, sometimes it's a posting slump, sometimes it's life. Eventually new content WILL be posted, I've not neglected my blog.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Ma'iingan




Feel free to visit MYSTICAL PAGAN for interesting content.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Grief Stricken

The past two days have perhaps been the hardest on me and my family. Our beloved dog "Brutus" passed away suddenly yesterday morning at approx. 8:30am. We were told it was possibly a stroke, as it is not uncommon in his type of breed.
I don't think there's anything harder to experience than the death of a loved one...even if it's a dog. A lot of people may dismiss dogs as simple animals, but when they become an ingrained member of your family, they're elevated from the level of the basic animal, the "Dog", to an integrated family member - a furry version of a son/daughter/brother/sister.

The pain is just as harsh and real to someone who considers that beloved pet as such...more than just a dog, but a fur-son/daughter/brother/sister. The pain of losing this family member is just as painful as losing an actual son or daughter (or other family member). For someone to dismiss the loss of a beloved family pet as something not worth tearing over, has never felt the love and bond from such an animal. In many ways, they are emotionally higher evolved than us mere humans. They hold so much more compassion, happiness, loyalty, love and commitment than us basic humans. Pet owners understand this, hence why the pain is so very, very real, and so very, very harsh.

I understood this when I couldn't figure out why for almost 24 hours I could not stop crying. The epiphany that took place during that time: because he was so meaningful to our family. He was such an integral and important part of our family. Sure, like all family he was a nuisance once in a while, annoyingly wanting outside anytime anyone got up for ANY reason (even when he didn't need to go outside), would want to sleep with my husband and I in our bed, and was such a shedder, we had no need for winter coats, as we were ALWAYS covered in his fur. But these "annoyances" didn't diminish the love we had for our beloved dog.

His presence is greatly missed. Despite there being 5 people in our home, it feels so empty here. I sit here in my big, overstuffed chair, lonely, as he would curl up in the smallest space between the arm of the chair and my side and simply lay there. That space now lies empty. We will no longer be greeted each time we walk through our door or have to reassure him we will return each time we walk out the door. While he will always remain in our hearts, his absence is wholly felt.


------------------------------------------
**UPDATE**

I knew I had this spell from a long time ago in my old BoS and decided that this was the best way for me and my family to move on from this so tragic of passings. I thought I'd take the time to share it with everyone, as I feel it's the best, simplest and nicest way to go through our state of mourning.

Grief Fades Spell

(I'll add a photo of our little shrine/altar at a later date).

2 comments:

  1. I'd just like to offer my condolences to you and your family during this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Your condolences are greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete