Welcome to my blog. Enjoy a warm cup of tea and sit for a spell.

Blog Update

**Notice**
There will be extents where I may not post for a while, sometimes it's a posting slump, sometimes it's life. Eventually new content WILL be posted, I've not neglected my blog.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Ma'iingan




Feel free to visit MYSTICAL PAGAN for interesting content.

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Continuing Studies

I was finally able to obtain a copy of Christopher Penczak's book "The Inner Temple of Witchcraft". Actually I'd had it for a while but just now started reading it and the first four chapters I couldn't put it down. There were a few points in it that I disagreed with, but pushed my own biases aside and decided to give it a proper chance. Good book so far.

I'm now on lesson 1 (chapter 5) in the book in which we do energy play. It's actually been some time since I'd done energy play. I'd use energy balls and what not for my workings, but haven't really just "played" with it to see what I could do. An interesting idea Chris pens in his book is making webs with energy. Yesterday during our 5 hr trip home from my in-laws, I attempted to make energy webs. I covered our vehicle with this web, and must say I was pretty impressed with the idea.

Though, I hate books with lessons in them. I can be a rather impatient person when it comes to reading, so I want to get on with reading, rather than take the time to repeatedly do something over the period of a week, like "energy play". That, and Chris recommends working with a partner for some of his exercises...a little difficult when I'm by myself, but I'll make do with what I can.

I sort of feel like I'm beginning all over again, but then that's what happens when you read a 101 lesson book. I'm eager to start working on other things, but I think it's probably best that I start with the basics and build up to the more advanced things.

I mean, I already know the basics, however, starting over again helps me to re-learn and perhaps better use my craft in a more effective manner. I just wish I could read the book all at once, instead of reading one chapter a week lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment